|COMPLETE RESULTS AND STANDINGS|
|SCHEDULES (information is subject to change)|
|All State Cups were completed on 22nd June, 2013|
|RULES AND REGULATIONS|
1. CSSA Cup and Playing Rules must be followed and be
familiar to you, and are located on the CSSA Website
For example, the deadline to change anything about a
scheduled Sunday 10:00 AM kick-off is the preceding Tuesday at 10:00 AM.
- Please communicate with your opponents and the Committee
in a timely fashion so the competition matches go smoothly.
|APPLICATION / ENTRY DEADLINE, DRAW DATE AND GENERAL SCHEDULE FOR WHEN PHASES WILL BE PLAYED|
|The CSSA State Cup Committee announced the following dates,
below, for the 2012-13 CSSA Men's Over-30, Men's Over-40, Men's Over-48, Women's Open, Women's Over-30 and Women's
Over-40 State Cups.
Here are the major changes to this upcoming State Cup campaign:
1. Eliminated entry fee. This is an attempt to increase participation.
2. Added MAJOR/INTERMEDIATE Cup categories. This is another attempt to increase participation, particularly among the lower-placed and lower division teams.
3. Because there is no entry fee, teams cannot pull out after the draw date. This is to discourage frivilous entries. Teams who do so will be fined per forfeited Cup match, and, if fines are not paid, will not be in good standing with CSSA and therefore will not be allowed to participate in CSSA-affiliated competition (e.g., not allowed to play SASL or SNEASL league matches).
4. No Columbus Day weekend Cup play. Also, the Cup Final is pushed back to late June.
5. Team rosters for SASL teams will be secured from SASL Registrar; non-SASL rosters (e.g., from SNEASL teams) must be in acceptable MS-Excel format. No other file formats such as .wps or .xps, or Word, will be accepted.
6. Entry deadline and roster "freeze" date are one and the same and are based upon the SASL fall 2012 roster frozen date.
7. Teams with bad disciplinary league records, and teams not in good standing with CSSA (e.g., teams who fail to return Cup trophies), will not be admitted.
8. Teams who wish to combine may do so but must enter as a "non-league" team and post a performance bond (see page two of the application).
9. TEAMS SHOULD NOT ENTER IF:
(a) they do not like the roster freeze date
(b) they are not inclined or prepared to play in a likely mid-week quarterfinal or semi-final next June;
(c) they are not inclined or prepared to play in the Cup Final on a Saturday afternoon/evening in late June, in Farmington.
- All matches can be played "ON OR BEFORE" the scheduled dates if both teams agree and with the permission of the Cup Committee.
MAJOR CUP: Division One teams and some Division Two teams
INTERMEDIATE CUP: Some Division Two teams, and Division Three and lower
1. Team allocation to each cup category is dependent on the total number of entries, and at the discretion of the Cup Committee. Additionally, less competitive male Over-30 teams (age permitting) may be allocated or placed in the Intermediate Cup with male Over-40 teams.
2. Historically, the CSSA has held cup competitions in three categories: Major, Intermediate, and Minor. If the number of entries warrant, a Minor Cup will be provided for.
STATE CUPS SCHEDULE
- on or before Monday, October 1, 2012.
Group Match Phase (four teams per group):
- Group match #1: Sunday November 4, 2012
- Group match #2: Sunday November 11, 2012
- Group match #3: Sunday April 7, 2013 (this match can be played in mid or late November 2012 if teams agree and with the permission of the Cup Committee)
All kick-offs are 10:00 AM, unless otherwise notified.
- Quarter-Finals: Wednesday, May 15, 2013
- Semi-Finals: Wednesday, June 5, 2013
- Finals: Saturday, June 22, 2013
All kick-offs are To Be Determined (TBD).
For the CSSA Cup Committee,